2020 A New Way to Be
As we say good-bye to 2019 and start to think about welcoming, not only a brand new year but a brand new decade, it is a good time to stop and reflect.
How was 2019 for you?
So many people I have spoken to have found it very challenging and messy. I had great hopes that this year would be one where I could sail through on a Goddess-like spiritual cloud creating love and joy where ever I went and seeing love and harmony everywhere.
What really happened is that some things became really, really hard.
I've had to face the tough reality that my beloved Mum is fading away before my very eyes with hideous Alzheimer's Disease and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Yes I can help her and be there for her but I can't help her deal with the confusion and fear of the world she knew and loved no longer being that safe, comfortable place. I can be there but I can't help her mind.
It's hard. Very hard and I know there are thousands out there dealing with this everyday.
I wish you people heart-felt love and strength to get through.
I'm not going to go into a pity party because my life is very, very blessed.
What I do want to do is to stop and reflect about how different I am from the beginning of this year to now.
Despite not making any dollars to speak of, I have come ahead in leaps and bounds in my endeavours through my business - www.sevenladiesempowerment.com - to empower women who feel disconnected from themselves and their truth.
These are some of the things I am proud of myself for doing this year:
· I have helped some women realise that actually they ARE worthy of love and respect and having THEIR needs, wants and desires met over and above everyone else's.
· I have (metaphorically) held women's hair back while they purged all the anger and rage they have been holding in, that has built up over their life.
· Whilst building my business I have been working in a day job in Disability Services. In this job I have been able to help some people, who would otherwise be unable, get out into the community and have a life. The flow on effect of this is that the usual carers of these people get a very well-earned break and I get to offer love and care to some people who really need it. There are only winners in this scenario.
· I have watched with heart-bursting pride both my daughters find their bliss and blossom into women who I would want to be friends with and be around because of their vibration, love for others and bone-deep compassion.
· I have helped a friend with some very serious issues she is going through during a separation and divorce.
· I have held women's empowerment workshops and talks and overcome my fear of being "out there"
· I have laughed and made people laugh A LOT
Instead of looking at what you haven't achieved or done yet this year, take the time (like I have above) to seek out the really good things you have done. Look for all the ways you made someone smile; soothed someone when they were crying, held a hand, held a door, offered a hand in help, rang a friend who wasn't ok. Some of these things may be seen to be small things but to those on the receiving end they could have been very big things. Don't discount anything. Include them all.
These are all really good things and add positivity to the world.
Don't dismiss them or play small with them and think they are not much; own them, shout them out, build yourself up. For just by feeling good in yourself you are adding to the positive vibration of the planet.
A good way to start our brand new year and decade is to make a pledge to yourself to just be yourself; your authentic, genuine, don't give two hoots what others think of me, stand in my light and power, SELF.
That is all you need to do to create a huge positive impact to the people around you and to humanity.
Go into 2020 with a deep inner knowing that you are making a difference to the world just because you are here. Be happy and the effect will ripple out across the globe.
I wish you the Merriest of Christmases and may 2020 be your best year yet.
Much love and hugs,
If you would like our blogs sent directly to your inbox click here